Benefits of Mindfulness
Mindfulness is scientifically proven to positively affect our physical & mental wellbeing:
- Reach your full, confident living potential at work & home
- Manage stress, pressure, anxiety and depression with greater ease
- Increase stamina for fitness and sports training
- Feel more open, appreciative and resilient
Mindfulness training empowers the mind. It changes our relationship to negative thoughts or difficult emotions to help us respond (rather than react) to life’s experiences in a way that is helpful for our well-being. Building resilience and inner-strength mindfulness frees us from the grip of stress, anxiety and low mood. Enabling us to untangle the knots and live life with more balance, strength and confidence.
With compassion at it’s core, train to let go of unhelpful mental habits or stories:
- The unworthiness story.
- The harsh voice of self-criticism and self-judgement.
- The distress of perfectionism.
- Comparing yourself to others and the fear of being judged.
There is a wide body of scientific evidence both from the fields of Psychology and Neuroscience to support the effectiveness of mindfulness in managing our mental and physical health. Mindfulness changes the brain, how it responds / reacts and is recommended by The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, (NICE).
Mindfulness Increases Mental Health:
- Changing our relationship to stress, anxiety and low mood.
- Responding skilfully to situations rather than reacting in a knee-jerk habitual way.
- Being more present in daily life, rather than lost in thoughts.
- Increasing compassion and kindness to ourselves and others.
- Building the power of appreciation and gratitude.
- Letting go of perfectionism and self-criticism.
- Building resilience and inner-strength.
- Increasing focus, concentration and memory.
Mindfulness Increases Physical Health:
- Decreasing hypertension through stress reduction.
- Increasing the immune system, helping to fight off colds and flu.
- Managing chronic pain.
- Increasing quality of sleep.
- Managing healthy eating and a healthy weight.
- Increasing reaction times.
- Increasing physical and mental stamina.
For more detailed scientific research on the physical and mental health benefits of mindfulness see: http://oxfordmindfulness.org/about-us/research/publications/