Benefits of Mindfulness and How Can It Help Me?
Mindfulness is scientifically proven to positively affect our physical & mental wellbeing. Daily mindfulness practice can help in all aspects of life:
- Reaching your full potential at work & home
- Coping calmly with life’s ups and downs
- Fitness and sports training, marathon running
- Finding more joy and fully appreciating being part of family & friends
Mindfulness enables us to change our relationship with our thoughts and feelings and respond to our experiences, whether pleasant or unpleasant, in a skilful and helpful way. Effectively managing physical and mental stress, anxiety and low mood gracefully. Enabling us to live life with balance.
It can help us to lead a happier and more contented life amid daily difficulties. It is a wholesome body and mind approach with positive effects for awakening the mind, brain and body. Improving your relationship with yourself as well as with others.
There is a wide range of scientific research and evidence to support its effectiveness in managing our mental and physical health. Mindfulness is recommended by The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence.
Mindfulness improves mental wellbeing:
- Managing our relationship with stress, anxiety and low mood
- Responding more skilfully to situations / events rather than reacting in a habitual way
- Increased happiness and contentment
- Increased self-compassion and kindness to yourself and others
- Appreciation and gratitude for the good things
- Seeing more clearly
- Achieving greater life balance
- Building resilience both at work and home
- Building creativity
- Increased focus, concentration and memory
Mindfulness improves physical health:
- Decreased hypertension through stress reduction
- Increased immune system, helping to fight off colds and flu
- Managing chronic pain
- Increased quality of sleep
- Managing healthy eating and healthy weight
- Increased reaction times
- Increased physical and mental stamina
For more detailed scientific research on the physical and mental health benefits of mindfulness see: http://oxfordmindfulness.org/about-us/research/publications/